- Why did you choose a career in insurance?
As much as I did not choose a career in Insurance, I certainly chose to stay and build one. Being in a specialist arena such as mine- Construction and Engineering Insurance, one might be deterred by the lack of black, female representation. It thoroughly excites me! I see it as a ceiling to smash through and pioneer the way for others like myself.
The fact that it is absolutely interesting, stimulating and there being SOOOO much to learn sweetens the deal!
Our section of the industry is a driver of infrastructure development here in SA and all over Africa, aligning my passions for this continent and realising its potential – this makes it the perfect fit for me.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your career and why?
I have had amazing guidance throughout my career from professionals and people in my personal life that have selflessly given of their time and energy to help me develop myself and step into the ‘next level’ of each career stage. I salute every single one.
Ultimately, I as the individual have had to take all the advice, mentorship and guidance, put it to use to progress and become a better professional and take ownership of my process.
- If you could have a secret mentor to help you in The Insurance Apprentice who would you choose and why?
Rianet Whitehead- She has all the inside scoops!
- In a tweet of 140 characters explain why insurance ROCKS!!!
Building Power Stations. Buying your first car. A doctor performing a lifesaving operation.
Everyday stories. Everyday risks. Big or small, insurance has your back.
- What would be your dream Apprentice task and why?
A task that deals with the built environment. This is my area of speciality and I would enjoy a task that teaches, stretches me and builds me up in my chosen field, as well as gives me a chance to flex and show off what I am made of.
- What would be your nightmare Apprentice task and why?
A physical survey. I would rather leave this to the experts and analyse and make a decision based on the report they generate.
- If you could have a super power that could help you win The Insurance Apprentice what would it be and why?
Have you seen Limitless, the movie? A superpower that turned me into the real life Eddie (Bradley Cooper) with superhuman cognitive abilities, a sky-high IQ, an unbelievable drive and mostly, the ability to recall and cross-correlate all past memory and experiences! This would make me unstoppable.
- What song would you chose for your Insurance Apprentice victory dance and why?
Milly Rock x 2 Milly. Get to show of those dance moves! Hahaha
- Which celebrity would you like to have dinner with to celebrate winning The Insurance Apprentice? Why?
Idris Elba. In his native London. Why?
1. Winning the apprentice.
2. Being in London.
3. Experiencing Lloyds.
4. Dinner with the most handsome man in the world.
All. The. Wins! Life made.