Position: Team Manager: Commercial Processing Centre
- Why did you choose to enter The Insurance Apprentice? I would like to be an ambassador for the insurance industry, to give the industry the recognition it deserves as an industry of opportunity. To take away the stigma that insurance is a career that many people “mistakenly” fall into” but rather a career of choice. The Insurance Apprentice provides the platform to showcase this. To grow and learn from other industry experts, and to build my brand within the insurance industry.
- In your mind, what qualities should an ambassador of The Insurance Apprentice have? A passionate individual with drive and determination. Someone who will add value and place the industry at the forefront in both South Africa as well as the world.
- Did you choose a career in insurance or did you fall into the industry like so many others? I fell into insurance, I completed my Bcom Marketing Management degree, and could not find a job related to my degree, I then joined Santam as an insurance agent and have not looked back. I choose this industry every day, I enjoy the challenges, the victories and the learnings that the insurance industry has thought me.
- How important is winning for you? Winning is important, however learning from others and adding value is also important to me.
- A message to all the TIA sponsors? I give my commitment to give the competition the best version of myself. Thank you for investing in a platform that allows young insurance professionals to share their work experiences and knowledge.
- Advice to yourself about what you should remember and focus on as you are going into the competition. Be your most authentic self. Share in the victories of others, and learn from your team. It is ok to not know everything, be open to learning. Always add value in whatever it is that you do.