Terms & Conditions
1. You have to be 35 or younger at the time of filming, which happens in January every year.
2. You have been working in the short-term insurance industry (any part of it) for four or more years at the time of filming.
3. The competition is only open to South African citizens living and working in South-Africa.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. The closing date for the entry is 30 September 2023.
6. Regional rounds will take place in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town. If you have been chosen to go through to the second round, you will be notified.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. It is your responsibility to confirm receipt.
8. The participant’s employer will need to be aware of the fact that, if the participant’s application is successful, filming will take place in January 2024 which means that the participant will not be in the office for one week.
9. The decisions of the Insurance Apprentice’s panel will be final, including but not limited to the eligibility of participants and the amendment of rules and competition details.
10. If you are chosen as one of the Top 10 contestants, you will not receive a salary or payment of any kind for the week from promoters or sponsors while taking part in the competition from the organisers.
11. The organisers reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and the rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, epidemic, civil or military disturbance, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the organiser.
12. The organiser is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the prizes are not transferable.
14. The organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.